Our next photograph in the Alfred W. Rea portfolio series is the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks clubhouse in Carthage, Missouri. The clubhouse was built in 1901 at an expense of $8,500, or approximately $220,000 in 2010 dollars. The Carthage Lodge No. 529 was founded sometime before 1900 and became defunct sometime before 1947. Presumably, the clubhouse was torn down at some point.
Architectural Legacy of Garstang & Rea: Elks’ Clubhouse in Carthage, MissouriPosted November 28th 2011 at 7:21 pm by Brown
There are no comments yet, be the first to say something